Volunteering is a satisfying way to engage in our community, to establish a meaningful connection with Emeth and with fellow members, and to meet a vital need.
“It is not what one says, but rather what one does, that makes a difference.” Ethics of the Fathers 1:17
“The paradox of volunteering is that the more we give, the more we are given” The Chief Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, Credo in The Times June 2005
Please contact email@example.com to learn more about any of the following tasks or to volunteer. You can also contact the committee chair directly.
Support Education Programming and Youth Activities: Help our kids develop.
- Join Education Committee
- Help with Family Shabbat Dinners
- Substitute teach:
- Hebrew School
- Religious School
- Help with Kids’ Purim Carnival
- Help with Chanukah Party
Communications: Utilize special skills and develop new ones.
- Join Communications Committee
- Edit Kol Emeth (newsletter) articles
- Write Kol Emeth articles
- Develop or edit Brochures
- Write newspaper articles
- Take photos for Kol Emeth and our website
- Provide website content
- Provide content to Facebook and/or other social media
- Provide technical consultation to our Administrator as needed
Sisterhood: Enjoy the camaraderie of other women while supporting Emeth in many ways.
- Join Sisterhood
- Help with Mah Jongg tournament
- Through Rachamim, reach out to shut-ins and support members in need
- Help with Sisterhood Passover Seder
- Help with Rosh Hashanah Oneg
Membership: For those who are warm and welcoming.
- Help with summer ice cream social
- Mentor a new Emeth family
- Invite a prospective family for coffee or a meal
Ways & Means / Fundraising: Put ideas to work and help our money grow.
- Join Ways & Means Committee
- Promote and engage members in Amazon Smile program
- Help with Wine Tasting fundraiser (spring or fall annually)
- Help with one-time fundraising events
- Share your fundraising ideas and help implement them
Tikkun Olam (Social Action/Social Justice): Help those in need in our broader community.
- Join Tikkun Olam Committee
- Participate in current Tikkun Olam programs (check with committee)
- Serve Monthly (third Thursday) at the Lord’s Table(Gilroy)
- Participate in annual Lord’s Table Christmas lunch program
Support Emeth Community Events (Social, Holiday, or Festival): Do you love a once-a-year project?
- Join Social Events Committee
- Coordinate Community Dinner/s (held approximately 4x annually)
- Help with Adult Purim Party
- Help with Passover Seder
- Help with Community Candle Lighting
- Help with Progressive Dinner
Support Worship /Shabbat Activities
- Be a Shabbat Host: This is a wonderful way to honor a loved one on their Yahrzeit. Our “Shabbat in a Box” makes hosting easy (and you have the option to co-host). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join Ritual Committee
- Set up the sanctuary for High Holidays
- Usher for High Holidays
- Chant from the Torah
- Saturday morning services
- High Holidays
- Be a lay leader in Rabbi’s absence
- Provide lay cantorial support
Our Building: Perfect for those whose minds are overloaded with work and family.
We own our own building. This is a blessing and a responsibility:We pay for weekly gardening and custodial services; however, we must rely on volunteers for routine kitchen and building interior tasks.
- Join Building and Grounds Committee
- Participate in quarterly maintenance days
- Assist with weekly trash and recycling (Note this is a great teen community service project;.)
- Assist kitchen coordinator with routine maintenance tasks (ask what would be helpful).