At Congregation Emeth, we provide a wide range of social activities for adults and families alike. These are in addition to programming more centered on worship or education (holiday celebrations, adult bar/bat mitzvah classes, Emeth Reads book group, etc.), all of which bring our members with common interests together. Social activities may be just for fun, or they may be offered in conjunction with a fundraiser.
Annual Social Activities
- Progressive dinner
- Wine tasting (both an important fundraiser and a fun social event)
- Mah Jongg tournament (another fundraiser and social event)
- An outing to a screening at the Jewish Film Festival of Silicon valley
Examples of Past Social Activities
- Brisket cook-off
- Family game night
- Hamentashen and rugelach cookie bake-offs
- Fiddler on the Roof and The Producers theatre outings, also featuring Jewish food and culture
- Israeli dancing
- Bunco night
- Beach day
- Congregation sponsored trip to Israel. (Contact Rabbi Israel firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss joining our next trip!)
We hope you will utilize these opportunities to develop rewarding friendships with other members of Congregation Emeth.