Type of Position: Part-Time –10 hours/week
Date posted: June 2021
This is a multifaceted job with the responsibilities of performing managerial duties in coordination with Rabbi and Board. Such responsibilities will include basic accounting, oversight of facilities and supplies, and appropriate involvement with temple technology and volunteer programs/activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend meetings of the board of directors when appropriate.
- Work in conjunction with committees when appropriate.
- Assist the lay leaders with fund raising efforts when appropriate.
- Manage facilities.
- Maintain congregation records.
- Some involvement with fundraising.
- Some involvement with events.
- Some involvement in finance, including budget preparation and oversight.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Superlative interpersonal skills: High degree of warmth, patience and tact.
- Able to organize and coordinate multiple tasks under pressure or deadlines.
- Able to have some flexibility with work hours according to high and low points of activities.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment where feedback from others is common.
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to use Google calendar, Excel and Word programs.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Previous work with accounting.
- Ability to collaborate as a team when needed.
- Ability to learn new content, e.g. facility nuances.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic administrative skills or ability to learn.
- Willingness to promote and/or accept change when appropriate.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, Judaic content re: holidays, basic terms, curriculum, etc.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org