One of the most important gifts that we can give ourselves and our children is the knowledge and comfort that we are not alone. Through worship, study and tikkun olam, we affirm our support for each other. This participation and commitment, above all things, has sustained our Jewish heritage for almost 6,000 years.
In true family tradition we envision full participation by every member, where each person will discover a meaningful role. At the same time, we recognize that Judaism is not "one size fits all". Given the diversity of our members of various backgrounds and interests, we seek to offer an array of worship, education and activities for each member.
Emeth offers you many paths to connect with Judaism and with other members of your Jewish community through common religious, social, or cultural interests. We strive to find a place for all--young families, professionals, teens, young adults and singles, retired members, interfaith families, and non-traditional households. All are cherished members of our community and we welcome you!
CONNECT WITH EMETH THROUGH:
Erev Shabbat Community Potluck Dinners with Shabbat Rituals
Community Celebration of Festivals and Holidays
Service on an Emeth Committee or the Board
Congregation Sponsored Trip to Israel
Continuing Adult Education
- "Emeth Reads" Book Group
- Adult Bar/Bat Mitzvah class
- Silicon Valley Jewish Film Festival outings
- Shabbat in the Redwoods, "Scholar in Residence"
- PJ Library programs for young children
- Family game nights
- Annual progressive dinner
- Wine tasting (fundraiser and social event)
- Mah Jongg tournaments (fund raiser and social event)
Community Programs & Events
- Interfaith programs and dialogues
- Memorial to victims of war and intolerance on Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Community candle-lighting on Chanukah
- Community forums, such as those presenting Holocaust survivors speaking to the community
- Tu BiSh'vat tree planting
- Meet the Candidates political forums
- Emeth booth at the annual Taste of Morgan Hill and Silicon Valley Music Festival
- Annual Gilroy Garlic Festival photo booth (fundraiser)
We hope you will take these opportunities to develop rewarding friendships with other members of your extended family at Congregation Emeth while enriching your connection with Judaism.